To sign up to this event please register on our eventbrite pageSign up
September 30 - 01:00 pm
November 25 - 02:30 pm
St George's Hospital
Blackshaw Road, London, SW17 0QT
London, England, GB, SW17 0QT
We are looking forward to welcoming you to join our innovative new course developed in partnership with the Physiotherapy Pain Association, St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and the Health Innovation Network South London.
The course focuses on exploration and application of therapeutic approaches used in the pain management field. The course content is grounded in behaviour change theory and underpinned by aspects of cognitive and behavioural approaches including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Mindfulness. The TIPS course is focused on 8 weeks of experiential learning – learning through doing, followed by an 8-week series of small group supervision sessions.
By the end of the experiential learning block, participants will:
• Have experience of the therapeutic process; setting expectations, orientation to a model, participation in structured and collaborative sessions, preparing for setbacks, and ending.
• Have insight into the nuances of the therapeutic alliance, how to foster effective therapeutic relationships, and how an effective therapeutic alliance can support achievement of goals in the longer term
• Have understanding of, and experience using, established techniques in clinical practice; the Adaptation model, values based goal setting, functional analysis, exploring behavioural patterns, and fostering long term change.
By the end of the supervision block, participants will have had the opportunity to develop deeper learning through supported integration of new skills into clinical practice and reflection on the outcome.
8 Week Training Course: The teaching sessions will run on Wednesdays from 1:30pm until 3pm. There are eight teaching sessions in total which occur weekly, with a break for half term.
The teaching dates are -
30th September 2020 (Week 1)
7th October 2020 (Week 2)
14th October 2020 (Week 3)
21st October (Week 4)
NO SESSION IN HALF TERM WEEK
4th November 2020 (Week 5)
11th November 2020 (Week 6)
18th November 2020 (Week 7)
25th November 2020 (Week 8)
Supervision sessions: Attendees on the training will be split into four groups for the supervision sessions. Groups 1 and 2 will have a supervision session on Thursdays from 1:30pm until 2:15pm. Groups 3 and 4 will have a supervision session on Thursdays from 2:30pm until 3:15pm.
The dates for the supervision sessions are -
2nd December 2020
9th December 2020
16th December 2020
NO SESSIONS OVER CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR
6th January 2021
13th January 2021
20th January 2021
27th January 2021
3rd February 2021
• You will receive an invitation to join our TIPS NHS Futures Platform where you can access pre-course reading, additional materials (journal papers, blogs, podcasts etc.) to support the weekly sessions, and an online discussion forum.
• At the first session you will receive a learning workbook, where a summary of content from each week of the course is provided, along with space for your notes and reflections.
• As the ethos of the training package is experiential learning, we will not be able to go over anything that has been missed in a session. All teaching and all supervision sessions must therefore be attended. If you need to miss more than two of the sessions across the whole package, we unfortunately will not be able to give you a place on the training programme on this cycle.
To register for a place on the training package, or for any enquiries, please contact:
Paige Gladstone, Project Support Officer: email@example.com