Joint Pain Advice: Impact
Joint Pain Advice (JPA) is a flexible model of care that complements existing roles and services across a variety of health, community and workplace settings. Evaluation shows people accessing the service benefit from significant improvements in pain, function, ability to carry out activities of daily living and an increase in days physically active.
Lewisham: Our feasibility study of 500 people delivered by physiotherapists in GP settings. A Social Return on Investment evaluation found a return of up to £4.00 for every £1.00 invested. Read our evaluation.
Greenwich: Delivered by Health Trainers in community settings, in partnership with Charlton Athletic Community Trust and Royal London Borough of Greenwich Healthy Living Service. Read our final report and case study.
- Bromley in partnership with Crystal Palace Physio Group
- Hammersmith in partnership with Pharmacy on Wheels
- Shropshire in partnership with Shropshire Council’s Public Health service Help2Change
- Cornwall in partnership with Royal Cornwall Hospital leading on a study of JPA in workplace settings
- Coventry and across the Midlands in partnership with the ExtraCare Charitable Trust.
Interested in setting up JPA in your locality? Contact us to discuss implementation and training for Joint Pain Advice in your area: Sally Irwin, Project Manager email@example.com