NHS Innovation and Technology Tariff webinars
On 2 November 2016, NHS England set out plans to fast-track the introduction of six new types of medical technology products and apps during 2017/18 through the Innovation and Technology Tariff (ITT); removing the need for multiple local price negotiations and guaranteeing automatic reimbursement.
The innovation categories are:
- Guided mediolateral episiotomy to minimise the risk of obstetric anal sphincter injury
- Arterial connecting systems to reduce bacterial contamination and the accidental administration of medication
- Pneumonia prevention systems which are designed to stop ventilator-associated pneumonia
- Web based applications for the self-management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Frozen Faecal microbiota transplantation (FMT) for recurrent Clostridium difficile infection rates
- Management of Benign prostatic hyperplasia as a day case (purchased through National Tariff).
The ITT will go live on 1 April 2017 and we are keen to encourage use of these technologies through one hour WebEx Events hosted by Mr Robert Chesters, Innovation and Research Unit, NHS England. Rob will discuss:
- The Programme themes
- The guidance document
- The role of the CSU
- Procurement and Supplier flows
- Reimbursement and reporting flows
- Payment of suppliers
The webinars are a great opportunity to understand more about the tariff model, which will offer a streamlined route to reimbursement without the need for multiple price negotiations and will cut the difficulties quite often experienced in the uptake and spread of innovation.
Sign up for the WebEx sessions:
Monday 27 March 2017
Tuesday 28 March 2017
Wednesday 29 March 2017