To sign up to this event please register on our eventbrite pageSign up
12:00 pm - 01:30 pm
Individuals with Anorexia Nervosa (AN) typically struggle in social and emotional contexts. One leading NICE recommended treatment approach to support management of emotions is MANTRA - The Maudsley Anorexia Nervosa Treatment for Adults.
There is growing interest in understanding whether MANTRA can be effectively adapted and delivered in a group context, to provide opportunities for individuals to practice experiencing and managing emotions amongst others in a group setting.
Delegates will hear from experts who successfully piloted and now deliver MANTRA in group settings. The webinar will:
• Share emerging evidence demonstrating how MANTRA treatment delivery can be translated into an integrated group-based model, drawing on theories of emotion regulation in context, dramatherapy methods and experiential treatments such as schema therapy.
• Provide experiential examples within the session to demonstrate ‘real life’ aspects of a group MANTRA session
• Provide guidance on how Group MANTRA complements the Anorexia Nervosa treatment plan and its current limitations
• Include a panel discussion: delegates are encouraged to submit questions prior to the webinar to be answered and discussed at the event
Guest speakers include:
• Mary Franklin-Smith, Dramatherapist and Innate Health Coach, Connect
• Helen Startup, Clinical Psychologist, Sussex Partnership NHS Trust
Professor Ulrike Schmidt (Professor of Eating Disorders, Kings College London & Consultant Psychiatrist, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust) and Dannielle Glennon (Clinical Lead and FREED National Co- Lead, South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust) will join the Q&A panel discussion.
Recommended pre-webinar reading:
The Maudsley Anorexia Nervosa Treatment for Adults (MANTRA): a feasibility case series of an integrated group based approach | Journal of Eating Disorders | Full Text (biomedcentral.com)
If you would like any further information or would like to submit a question, please email email@example.com
Please note that this webinar will be recorded and distributed to all who sign up.