We hope that you enjoy using our website. You have control over the information we store about you and what types of information (if any) you would like to receive from us.
What information do we collect if you sign up for our newsletters?
If you want to sign up to receive our newsletters we will collect personal information from you as is necessary for the newsletter services, namely your email address, name, type of organisation you work for and what you are interested in hearing more about.
What information do we collect if you use our chatbot?
The Health Innovation Network is not using these messages or data for any purpose other than to improve the quality of our website and provide further information to users when requested. Your personal data will be processed and transmitted in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
How else will we use your information?
We may also use your information for the following purposes:
• To make the website more relevant for you and our other visitors. This includes sometimes requesting personal information from you to help us run and develop our website and associated functions
• To send you our newsletters if you have signed up to receive it
• To carry out occasional surveys to analyse our user base — ultimately we want to ensure that we provide everything that you — our audience — is looking for
• To comply with the law
• As we feel is necessary to prevent illegal activity or to protect our interests
How long do we keep hold of the information?
There are certain reasons that we have to keep hold of some of your information. Naturally we keep your information while you are registered with us so that we are able to provide the service to you. However you can request that we delete your personal information at any time.
Will we share your information with anyone else?
• You specifically request this, such as when you submit information to enquire about jobs or submit a job application
• We are required to do so to comply with the law or with the directions of the courts or other authorities
• We feel it is reasonably necessary to prevent illegal activity or to protect our interests
• We will share your information with MailChimp, who host emails and act as a supplier to distribute our newsletter. Similarly it’s possible our website support company could need to access our mail lists as part of maintenance or improvements, and in future our CRM provider. These trusted third parties would only be permitted to use your personal information for the purposes we specify.
We will never sell our user’s details to any other organisation or individual.