Maternal and Neonatal Health Safety Collaborative
Led by NHS Improvement, the MatNeo Collaborative is a three-year programme to support improvement in the quality and safety of maternity and neonatal units across England.
Patient Safety Collaboratives across the country are working in collaboration with NHS Improvement to offer training and coaching to teams within maternity and neonatal units and supporting them to undertake their own local improvement projects.
The MatNeo collaborative has 5 clinical priorities:
- Proportion of smoke-free pregnancies
- Optimisation and stabilisation of the very preterm infant
- Detection and management of diabetes in pregnancy
- Detection and management of neonatal hypoglycaemia
- Early recognition and management of deterioration during labour and early post-partum period
To read more about the national programme click here or check out @MatNeoQI on twitter.
To learn more about Life QI, the online quality improvement platform that makes it easy for our MatNeo teams to run projects, click here.
The South London MatNeo Local Learning System
The Local Learning System is an essential part of the MatNeo collaborative. It is an opportunity for different parts of the system to come together, share, learn and collaborate.
It has three main aims:
- Enable sharing and learning peer to peer across organisations and professional groups
- Increase local quality improvement capability and confidence
- Facilitate system-level collaboration and improvement
Please get in touch if you are keen to get involved.
For more information about MatNeo and the local learning system please contact workstream lead Ellie on email@example.com or check out @EllieWharto and #SLMatNeo on twitter.