Catheter Care South London Collaborative
We would like to sincerely thank all of you who have in recent years supported Catheter Care Awareness Week, which aims to reduce Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infections (CAUTIs) and improve patients’ wellbeing and recovery. This year, Catheter Care Awareness Week ran from 15 to 21 June.
Our goal was to reduce harm caused by urinary catheters and to improve patients’ wellbeing and recovery. We supported by raising general awareness about catheter problems and enhance clinicians’ knowledge by encouraging people and organisations to get involved.
Catheter Care Awareness Week was for anyone involved in the health and social care system in south London and beyond. It was about empowering patients and professionals to question current practices, improve their knowledge, and reduce the stigma associated with catheters.
- Reduce unnecessary patient harm resulting from urinary catheters
- Raised awareness about catheter problems
- Encouraged individuals in healthcare to develop the skills and confidence required to take personal responsibility in improving catheter care
- Empowered patients and encourage self-care.
If you would like to find out more about Catheter Care, please email email@example.com or check out the resources below.
- Catheter Care from Health Innovation Network on Vimeo.
- Patient stories
- Pledge cards and some suggested pledges
- Poster templates: A4, A5 and one where you can add your own event information
- See some pledges and pictures from previous Catheter Care Awareness Weeks
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Some useful resources on Catheter Care by NHS Improvement