South West London Hypertension and Lipids Improvement Forum
The South West London Hypertension and Lipids Improvement Forum is a new series of webinars, workshops and drop in sessions combining teaching and practical learning opportunities for anyone working in primary care in south west London. It is designed to help you deliver improvement around hypertension and lipids in your practice and PCN.
Sign up to join the forum and receive updates on future events.
Familial Hypercholesterolaemia, in partnership with SWL Training Hubs
Thursday 30 March 2023, 12.30 – 13.30pm
Familial Hypercholesterolaemia (FH) is a genetic condition affecting one in 250 people in the UK.
This webinar will cover FH and pathways for referrals in both south west and south east London. The webinar will:
- Give an overview of clinical diagnosis and management of FH
- Offer a practical approach to managing suspected patients in primary care
- Define referral criteria to secondary care lipid clinic
- Signpost clinicians to further resources to support patient care and shared decision-making
Speakers include Pedro Bandeira, Specialist Pharmacist- Cardiovascular Services and Lipid Disorders.
This event is open to anyone working in primary care in south London Secondary care teams working in cardiovascular and southeast London colleagues are welcome to join. Find out more and register.
Sessions will be shaped around the needs of local practices and PCNs, and will include:
- clinical webinars
- information sessions on financial incentives around hypertension
- how to support patients through behaviour change
- drop ins to support practical skills and learn from other practices and PCNs.
We’ll also be looking at how we can collaborate to work more efficiently and improve care across multiple conditions.
Sessions are open to anyone working in primary care in South West London. You do not need to attend all sessions. However we do ask that you register your interest in the Forum, and fill in very short quarterly surveys to let us know about any training or support needs, and also if any changes are being made in your PCN or practice as a result of the Forum. This will also enable us to share resources and further information with you.
We're here to help
For more information contact Kristina Leonnet.Email Kristina