This project is focused on promoting and supporting the implementation of ESCAPE-pain for knee and/or hip osteoarthritis across south London and beyond. ESCAPE-pain is a NICE-endorsed rehabilitation programme for people with chronic joint pain which integrates self-management and coping strategies with an exercise regimen individualised for each participant. ESCAPE-pain has been identified as one seven regional programmes selected for national adoption and spread across the AHSN Network during 2018-2020.
Where is ESCAPE-pain being delivered?
ESCAPE-pain is currently being delivered in over 100 sites across the UK, with new locations being added regularly.
ESCAPE-pain is being offered in a range of different settings such as hospitals, physiotherapy departments, gyms, local leisure centres, and community halls.
How can I find out more about ESCAPE-pain?
- Visit the ESCAPE-pain website
- View the video to see people’s experiences of participating in the ESCAPE-pain programme
- Download our infographics for attractive, easy to read information, for participants and commissioners of the programme
- Download the free ESCAPE-pain App available on both android and apple devices
- Register for ESCAPE-pain Online – a web-based version of the app that is available from the ESCAPE-pain homepage and best viewed on a computer.
We are always keen to hear from organisations who wish to offer ESCAPE-pain to their local populations. Training for staff is also available.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org