HIN Industry Case Studies
We regularly work with industry to offer advice, guidance and the knowledge of our member networks. Below gives examples of some of the companies that we support and their innovations through the Innovation Exchange functions and Digital Health London.
Meet the Innovator
In our Meet the Innovator series we catch up with the people leading on some of the most exciting innovations in the healthcare sector today. We find out more about their innovations, what they do and how they got to this point.
Nick Mayhew from Bleepa
Grace Gimson from Holly Health
Max Kersting from Regimen
Lorin Gresser from DemDx
Adam Hunter from Phlo
Dr Raza Toosy from PatientLeaf
David Ezra from Vantage Health
Max Parmentier from Birdie
Carey McClellan from GetUBetter
Our cases studies offer some insight into how we support innovators. We partner with healthcare innovators to provide opportunities they may not have otherwise had access to, to help speed up the spread and adoption of their innovations.
- Helped provide care planning software and patient facing digital services for people with type 2 diabetes with Healum
- Innovated to reduce risks faced from high cholesterol levels
- Worked with Lantum on their workforce management platform to mobilise primary care staff
- Collaborated with Peppy to work towards gender equality in healthcare
- Helped to implement using Whzan to monitor the wellbeing of care home residents
- Worked with Medishout to use AI to predict and prevent operational issues including equipment failure, infrastructure or logistical problems
Other examples of our work, shared by the AHSN Network include
- Hosting a Maximising Digital Opportunities in Perinatal Mental Health and Wellbeing webinar
- Working in partnership with Coordinate My Care (CMC), to explore implementing CMC, an electronic urgent care planning service, in care homes
DigitalHealth.London Accelerator Programme case studies
We select some of the best innovators in the healthcare sector to be a part of our DigitalHealth.London Accelerator Programme. This gives them a dedicated NHS Navigator, opportunities to network with senior decision-makers and participation in developmental workshops and ’Meet the Expert’ events. The programme provides in-depth knowledge of the wider UK health and care sector, alongside helping the companies to refine, develop and scale their innovations.
- Sweatcoin, an app which incentivises physical activity by tracking the number of outdoor and indoor steps a person takes and converting these into points, or Sweatcoins, which can be redeemed for products, goods and services
- Oxford Heartbeat’s medical device software PreSize® Neurovascular which helps clinicians make surgical decisions with greater accuracy and confidence
- Smoke Free - a behavioural change app used to support people giving up smoking
- Locum’s Nest - a temporary staffing management platform combining advanced mobile technology with personal service. The platform provides a native mobile app connecting doctors to locum work in healthcare organisations within preferred hospitals across a chosen geographic area.
- Dr Julian - an innovative healthcare platform that increases accessibility to mental healthcare. It connects patients securely within days, seven days a week, to vetted mental healthcare professionals. Patients choose the time and type of appointment they want, including options for audio, video, and text, which they can access from anywhere with an internet connection.
Disclaimer – We do not endorse or recommend any of the commercial products, processes or services provided within this webpage, with the sole intended purpose to be for guidance and information only.
Policy, Reports & Guidelines for Industry.